Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wagon Status:To be determined

So here I am back to blogging. I considered starting a blog before but I never got around to it. Truth be told, the only time I've ever consistetly blogged was back during the Myspace days. But I find myself at a bit of a crossroads in many ways: life, work, love (or lack thereof), future, destiny, you name it. I suppose maybe I'm having a little bit of a midlife crisis (at 37....is that too young?) But I find myself questioning a lot of things that I've clung too pretty steadfastly. And I'm starting to think that I've done a pretty good job of fooling myself about a lot of things that I want out of life. I'm a typical scorpio: very deep and secretive, jealous, full of mistrust, have that cool, icy exterior that tries to convey that I don't care to try to protect that vulnerable, tender heart of mine.

Anyway, while I don't plan my life according to what my horoscope says, I nonethess read them and a recurring theme I've been reading concerns a metamorphosis or change. And I wonder if that is indeed what's going on with me. Such changes often require a lot of destruction before a rebuilding can begin. So I've often felt lately like I'm being sucked faster and faster into a whirlpool. Maybe a lot of my frustration is coming from that instinct to resist. Maybe I need to just stop resisting and let this force take me wherever I'm supposed to go. Who knows? I can only hope that, like the city I live in, my Phoenix will rise from the ashes all the more majestic and powerful.

So that is how I open my first blog. It will be interesting to read through this a few months from now to see where this inner journey has taken me. If it's taken me no further than another drunken night at The Swizz them I'm REALLY in trouble.

Thank you Shirley, for encouraging me to start writing again. I know you love to read about places I've travelled to but I HAVEN'T BEEN ANYWHERE!!!! FOR SEVEN MONTHS!!!! AND I'M GOING TO GO CRAZY!!!! I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NOVEMBER!!!! I NEED TO GO SOMEPLACE FAR AWAY!!!!

Ok, had my rant. Might go off and have a drink or two. I'm not officially off the wagon, but after three beers last night and a pretty indulgent night on Saturday,  I think it's safe to say that I'm not exactly on the wagon either. So let's just leave my wagon status as "To be determined..."

No comments:

Post a Comment